Thread: Pets & Stuff
View Single Post
Unread 2009-09-15, 19:58   #23
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Stacy's new family picked her up today while I was at work. I'm kinda of glad that I wasn't here, because Stacy has been a very special dog for us. She was rescued from a puppy mill, a bad one. When we got her she was malnourished, grossly underweight, had hair loss all over and terrified of everything. And she smelled. Bad. About all we knew for sure about her history was that she had been kept in a cage her whole life, forced to breed and ignored. We gave her a bath, and fed her the good food- after a few weeks her hair started growing back, and she started to put on some weight. I knew when I left for work this morning that it would most likely be the last time I saw her. She is still very timid- she never jumps up on the couch or barks very much- and for the first time just last night she took a treat out of my hand, instead of cowering down when I held a little kibble out for her. I'm very proud of her recovery. She was hopping around and loving on me and acting like a regular dog, which is what we were praying for- that she would finally get the chance to just be a regular dog. We gave her all the love we could up to her very last minute with us and I hope her new family stay in touch with us because she is truly a success story and a beautiful little critter.

Click the image to open in full size.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote