Thread: Pets & Stuff
View Single Post
Unread 2009-07-24, 9:00   #8
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

I know this is going to sound goofy, but I had to share something with you folks. For the first time since she's been with us, lil' Stacy came up to me and raised up and put her front legs on my lap, wanting me to scratch her head this morning when we took her outside. It's something all dogs do (and normally you'd holler 'get down') but you have to understand that she was very weak when we got her- and very scared and timid around everything. When we went to pet her at first, she would cower down and shake. She is still unable to jump up on anything- even small things (We have a little bricked in flower garden sort of thing in area in our backyard we've been building that's about 8 inches high off the ground and the other dogs jump all over it..she can't even jump up on that yet) She has gained strength even in the short time she's been with us, and we are very happy she is getting comfortable in our home, and more importantly getting comfortable with experiencing affection. It's amazing what a little love and some pricey dog food on a regular basis can accomplish.. baby steps, Stacy..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote