Unread 2013-07-06, 18:07   #9
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,844 posts
Age 54
Male
clearwater, FL

Finally came in. Only thing is I need to wait for fenders to come in that are compatible w/ the discs.

Here's what it looks like at the moment...

Click the image to open in full size.

Here's the Rokform bike mount for my iphone. It got a few comments at the bike shop. One from the guy that put it on for me when the magnet grabbed the Allen wrench out of his hand.

...btw, yes that's a fucking bell that came installed on the thing. It's stealthy enough and came in handy on the first ride when there was a bunch of young kids on the trail sort of zig zagging around that I didn't feel like running into.

Here it is w/ the phone on it, complete w/ greasy finger prints...

...it is held on by the mechanical mount, joining magnets on both the case and the mount below that, and a lanyard just to be triple safe.

I took it out for a nice 20 mi. round trip test ride that day. Rode up to Crystal Beach, which is about 2/3 of the way to my job. Was pretty exhausted the last few miles coming home. Started cramping up in my upper legs and stomach when I made the mistake of stopping a few miles from home. Thankfully it passed shortly. I don't think it'll be long until I'm up for the commute. Amazingly, the only thing that was sore the next day was my butt.