View Single Post
Unread 2010-07-04, 18:22   #2
Dinahmoehum

Nov 1 2004
6,169 posts
Age 61
I'm Oprah Rich!

Our azaleas were a month late this year. I posted a lot of pics of the cold damage, we got hammered up here. One of my nanas, I didn't think would make it, I hacked it off with a chainsaw about 6" from the ground, was nasty wet and slimy, damned if it didn't come back.
Click the image to open in full size.
It had a few babies too!
Early on I planted some basil, didn't think it would come up, but it eventually did. And a few stray portulaca too!
Here is the only one blooming, these came up from last years crop
Our norfolk island pines didn't do so hot, they don't come back, just stay dead looking, but the tree is alive.
I don't know what this is, or if I planted it, it seems to be perennial and has interesting flowers that are very hard to keep in focus. Right now it is in berry mode.
The cactus garden did ok this year, this thing put out some nice flowers.
I got these things when I was in rehab, the therapist brought them in for us. Don't know what it is, but it's bright red and lives!
I'm just going to toss this in, I had to take this when I saw
http://www.ray.bt76.com/pics/bluewaffle.jpg
I had planned to clean up the side where the nana lives and put the whole urban garden in, but I didn't get too far. I did clean up a ton of junk. I wanted to fence it in, but it is so hard to grow anything here. The sun is brutal, you have to put water on every day. Then you have fungus, and nematodes to deal with. They took vapam off the market, and you can't buy bromide like the farmers use to sterilize the soil. Fuck organic farming here, you lose every time! Maybe some day....
This is what we have to deal with!
http://www.ray.bt76.com/pics/NiceWeather.jpg