View Single Post
Unread 2010-08-19, 19:44   #1
kokopelli
Administrator

Feb 4 2003
6,477 posts
Male
Stavromula Beta

As we move towards having contests again, I thought I'd start a thread where folks could post one (or lots) of their favorite photoshops from the past. It could be from here, a different site, or maybe one that you just did for some other reason. Giving a bit of background on the image would also be groovy. I was digging around through some old stuff, and found a silly one that I always liked.

This goes back to Fark, probably around 2003. The original image for the contest was this:

Click the image to open in full size.

Until right before the contest, I had the proverbial "nuthin'." Like sometimes happens with contest entries, somehow my brain went into a mode that I don't understand, and I remembered an iconic album cover that might just work. I used to periodically work album covers into contest entries. Anyhoo, here it is:

Put it all together, and what do you get?

My only regret was that I didn't make it larger. I think I did find the Dylan cover in 800x800, but since the source image was a bit small, it could be that I got some artifacts and went against it. I probably could have at least gone with a 600x600 instead of the 400x400, but time was short, so I guess I just went with the 400x400 one. Either way, I still look at it and it kind of cracks me up, which was the whole point.

What y'all got?