Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,596 posts
Age 40
Male
Indianapolis, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JangoFett View Post
found him in a store standing at an ATM. I emptied two SMG clips into him as he stood there.
... that happened to me, except I was run over by a car
I think I got my whole deposit in. After that it finally sunk in that I could deposit from my phone and I haven't visited an ATM again.

I had another great run of survival matches last night and I've earned some cash. Another good night like that I can afford a cheap apartment. I think I like the Industrial plant map more. I've learned that map a little better and I know of a couple of hiding spots where you can pick off the enemies a little easier. I always end up too exposed in the boneyard and die quickly.

Top Fun is also pretty cool. But flying those jets is challenging and the game usually ends when the pilots "commit suicide" by crashing.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-10-17, 7:59   #92
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
32,735 posts
Age 49
Male
On the trails

http://kotaku.com/gta-v-demolition-d...ers-1446239243
Unread 2013-10-17, 8:26   #93
FulanoDeTal
Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,596 posts
Age 40
Male
Indianapolis, IN

That looks like fun!
Unread 2013-10-17, 10:31   #94
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
32,735 posts
Age 49
Male
On the trails

Along those lines...

Unread 2013-12-18, 14:12   #95
FulanoDeTal
Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,596 posts
Age 40
Male
Indianapolis, IN

So is anyone still playing? I check in from time to time but I haven't spent too much time Online. I've tried to play around with the content creator and made a couple of races, one for cars and one for planes, but they're not too intricate like some of the others I've seen.

It looks like the next wave of updates have been released: Capture http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...-tomorrow.html
I'll give them a look and maybe we can finally get together as a crew and play a few of these.
Unread 2013-12-19, 12:28   #96
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
32,735 posts
Age 49
Male
On the trails

Yeah, I've been playing a bit but mainly cleaning up a lot of singleplayer stuff. Not sure if I'm going for 100% or just generally trying to complete as much as possible. I'm enjoying a lot of the side missions I skipped earlier, like Trevor's smuggling ones.

I gave the content creator a brief look, will check all this out more for sure.
Unread 2013-12-24, 8:56   #97
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
32,735 posts
Age 49
Male
On the trails

Last night I was in an online session where I guess people were using some exploit and setting super high bounties. I was on top of a building watching some guy wreak havoc with a tank when I saw a guy who had killed me earlier below me. I sniped him and it turns out he had a huge bounty on him... $250,000,000.

Now I read this http://www.dailydot.com/gaming/gtav-...cheat-banning/

I don't really care as much at this point, but it would still suck to get banned for it. So beware big bouncing bounties!

Update: I was in a game today where people were forcing money on other people, so now my walking around money has so many digits I don't even know how much it is... billions probably. Yay.

Update 2: When I logged back in later the billions was no longer in my walking around money, but I still have $259M in the bank. Apparently Rockstar isn't going to ban/punish people who didn't actively set out to mod or glitch the game to get the money (as of now). It's pretty rampant in the games I've joined today, though.

Last edited by RepoMan; 2013-12-24 at 15:27.
Unread 2013-12-26, 9:08   #98
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
32,735 posts
Age 49
Male
On the trails

Well, either they've made it so I'm forced to join games with cheaters thanks to the size of my bank account, or Online is currently a mess because every session I've joined recently is full of cheating. Invicible guys, tanks galore... not fun anymore.
Unread 2013-12-26, 11:40   #99
FulanoDeTal
Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,596 posts
Age 40
Male
Indianapolis, IN

Yeah, it's starting to get ridiculous. I logged in once and barely had any time to exit my garage because there was some douchebag sitting outside with a tank blowing up anyone that came out. then of course that destroyed my car so I was on foot perfectly exposed to be killed again and again. I've learned that I don't need to even leave the house, I just use the map or the phone and jump straight to a mission or race directly. There's no real point in driving around outside anymore.
Unread 2013-12-26, 12:20   #100
ash#

Nov 1 2004
9,858 posts
Age 47
Male
One of those indoor shopping malls

Sounds like that game mode is broken. That sucks. I did not make it very far in GTA 5. And that was mainly because I got Saints Row 4, which is goofy as shit and a downright stupid game, but I found way more fun than GTA 5. Now I have an xbox one, so I dont see GTA getting much more time on my gaming schedule. Dead Rising 3 is on tap for tonight.
Unread 2013-12-26, 13:46   #101
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
32,735 posts
Age 49
Male
On the trails

I think I have close to 60 hours in GTA Online alone, so I'm thinking I got my money's worth if I bag out now

I think they need to just remove easy access to the tank and buzzard. Put them in the army base where you actually need some skill/luck to get out of there alive with the jet (or other powerfully armed vehicles). Simply being able to call Pegasus and order one now that everyone seems to have access to billions of dollars seriously throws the game out of balance. Or get rid of them entirely.

Yeah, Saints Row coop is certainly more fun at this point. Mainly because it's not an open world filled with douchebags. And man, I threw on open chat the last couple days to hear the conversations while all the cheating is going on and heard some crap that I wish I hadn't. Like the guy yelling at his kid to "shut the fuck up, quit bugging me" and his wife/girlfriend next to him saying "don't use daddy's scissors, go fucking get yours." Yeah, and gay marriage is somehow bad and heterosexual cretins reproducing is, by default, good. I flipped on the mic and said "nice parenting" but it probably got lost in the din of high-pitched elmo-voiced boys yelling "nigga" and "fag." It was disturbing.
Unread 2013-12-30, 13:49   #102
JangoFett
Mecha+ Member

Nov 1 2004
3,467 posts
Age 40
Male
Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away

That sucks for GTA. I'm sure they'll fix it at some point. The cheating, not the xbox live a-holes. I haven't noticed that many xbox live a-holes on Xbox One yet, but that may be because I'm playing a lot of Forza and Dead Rising.
Unread 2013-12-30, 15:16   #103
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
32,735 posts
Age 49
Male
On the trails

Supposedly a fix is imminent, including resetting bank accounts to what they were before someone gifted you or you collected a cheated bounty. People who weren't actively using exploits won't get banned, but it sounds like people who did use the exploits are going bye-bye.

It's a good thing there are currently less jerks on Xbox One because man, that headset is clear as a bell. That's a nice upgrade.
Unread 2015-03-09, 12:32   #104
FulanoDeTal
Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,596 posts
Age 40
Male
Indianapolis, IN

So I've read that the Heists are finally coming out tomorrow 3/10. Haven't looked up many details on how they work, but I think you need at least 4 people. Anyone up for trying it out? I let my Gold lapse so I would have to sign up again.
Unread 2015-03-09, 13:33   #105
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
32,735 posts
Age 49
Male
On the trails

I'm intrigued, but I don't see myself playing a lot of it. Unless they're really fun.

I kind of soured on the GTA Online community after a while.
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Entertainment Warehouse > Gaming > Grand Theft Auto V
Post New Thread Reply