Post New Thread Reply
Unread 2011-03-29, 19:23   #121
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Pupdates:

Sorry I haven't really updated as of late..

Little Pitch went very quickly. He was just way too adorable and was just a little cuddle monster. Went to a family with to preteen/teen daughters.. he'll be fine..

A couple of weeks later we got Bubby (pic below). He's a good dog, lots of energy and very playful. Gonna have a great coat when his hair gets growing out after that butcher job they gave him. Likes to eat my bell pepper and jalepeno plants out of the garden I'm trying to get started. But I digress. We have a family that is going to adopt him in the next few days. He's going to a great family that I met last weekend at the adoption event- dog lovers big time and they loves the Schnauzers.

But the big news is that HUX is coming back. I'll detail more later, but apparently there has been an incident with him and the family wants to do the right thing, so it's all good.

Click the image to open in full size.
Unread 2011-03-29, 20:20   #122
kokopelli
Administrator

Feb 4 2003
6,477 posts
Male
Stavromula Beta

I will hope for the best!!
Unread 2011-03-30, 10:43   #123
B L

Jun 11 2005
2,473 posts
Age 54
Male
a whale's vagina

Good luck to Huxter. Out of fairness to him the humans giving him up should also be observed by the board for a week to see if they can be considered for future adoptions.
Unread 2011-06-05, 7:15   #124
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Pupdates!

Short story of Hux:
Hux finally made into a great home two weeks ago. He was surrendered back from the family we took him to- and stayed for a a little while with one of the 'big three' directors for the Schnauzer Rescue we work with, but very happy to report he's doing great...

Buddy!

We didn't have 2 yr old Buddy (named for my Uncle Buddy) for too long.. a few weeks. He was a very cool dog and LOVED to dance. He picked up tricks very quickly even without the treats. He did several events with me and was just happy to be a little crowd pleaser. Happy to report this dude found a great home..

Unread 2011-07-13, 6:10   #125
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Been a while since I did a pupdate over here.. Got pictures and everything over on the facebooks, and also been doing some new stuff on tumblr. linky is http://texasaurus.tumblr.com/ if you're interested..

Hux finally found a home, eventually.. He was placed once, but was returned back to MSRNT and put in a different fosters care for about a month, then was adopted out again- this time it worked, and everyone gets the happy ending. ahem. We still miss the Hux. Good dog.

Next came the fabulous foster Fay. Fay was a solid black beauty and a cuddle bug. Found a home in no time. She got along with everbody 'round here and we are sure She is making someone's lap very happy right now. Fay wasn't here but a couple of weeks, but she was very sweet. We didn't meet the adoptors this time- one of the board members took her off to her new home up north of here.

Fosters Fourty & Fourty-one. Burrito & Rylie:

Currently we have Rylie, who has some behavioral issues. When I picked her up I was told that she was returned from a first attempt placement that didn't last very long- then later found out that she was first found in a raid on a Meth Lab somewhere north of here. Seems the druggie house crew had a schnauzer pet they kept indoors that had puppies- they stuck the puppies out in a fenced in back yard and pretty much ignored them for about a year. I believe they got three dogs total out of the raid on the house. So now some of her behavior issues like the occasional carpet muffin, and her timidness around other dogs and people, etc... make a little more sense. Hope to find her a person that can handle her- but if she stays with us for a while we can help her out. We loves her a lot, but she needs a lot of watching.

And then there was Burrito. Part Chihuahua & Jack Russell Terrier (probably). PFC comes home from work one night with what at first I thought was a hamster. It was a .7 lb puppy. She was the runt of a litter of three and at four weeks was only one third the size of her siblings. Brought into the clinic with a bad eye infection. And Wormy. And Bloated. Her breathing was very distressed, and well, just in rotten shape overall. (No moral judgement in this next part) The lady decided it was best to just leave the puppy at the clinic and let nature take its course, and the dog was placed in the back of the clinic in a crate, and no treatment was performed. Later in the day PFC checked on her and decided to give her a little calorie laden puppy gel (it tastes horrible, btw) and did a few free tests on her. She had not shown much improvement by the end of the day, but had picked up a little after the food. PFC decided to bring her home overnight, because she felt bad about leaving her there alone overnight to die.

That's how we got her. She was born on or about May 1st. Currently a little over three pounds. Her future is unclear at this point, but we are treating her like one our own and she is on the whole, a delightful little bundle of sunshine and joy. More to come on her, I'm sure.

tex

P.S. HAY. Remember not to leave your pets in the car, one of the local police lost his highly trained police dog over in Dallas a couple of weeks ago. Heartbreaking.

Last edited by texasaurus; 2011-08-08 at 6:49.
Unread 2011-07-13, 11:46   #126
FulanoDeTal
Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,598 posts
Age 41
Male
Indianapolis, IN

Good work as always, tex. I like the tumblr also (cool layout)
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-14, 7:12   #127
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,855 posts
Age 54
Male
clearwater, FL

Thanks for the update tex.

And that same thing happened with a police K-9 down here several months ago. That's not just a dog it's your partner. Inexcusable.
Unread 2011-08-08, 6:45   #128
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Hey folks...

Rylie was adopted last weekend to a nice lady with another schnauzer, so she's well taken care of.

Little burrito and I are embarking on a new adventure over the next year, so I dont know what level our participation will be with fostering. We will be very involved with MSRNT, but not as a foster. PFC will not be along for the ride, and that's all I can say right now.

I love you all, and hope you will understand if I am not around as much in the near future. I will keep up with Facebook as much as I can with puppy news, and check in when I can over here.

Thank you all for your support over the years.. I still need help sometimes and you folks will always be my first and favorite place for good advice and creative input. Not to mention a few gaffs & laughs.

Texasaurus/ chris dillard
Facebook.com/texasaurus
Texasaurus.tumbler.com
Unread 2011-08-08, 7:36   #129
NocturnalGuy
Mecha+ Member

Oct 22 2003
5,160 posts
Age 47
Male
T.O.

Sounds exciting, yet cryptic... all the best to you guys! See you around the webs...
Unread 2011-08-08, 8:47   #130
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,238 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Best wishes, man!

Unread 2011-08-08, 12:51   #131
FulanoDeTal
Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,598 posts
Age 41
Male
Indianapolis, IN

enjoy your adventure with your little burrito
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-08-09, 6:00   #132
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Don't mean to be cryptic.. but thanks guys.

:) @repo
Unread 2011-08-23, 21:20   #133
Domestic Goddess

Jan 19 2007
2,023 posts
Age 47
City of Brotherly Love

It's ok, tex. We really only care about the dogs.

Seriously, though, I'm not around much either since real life is kinda getting in the way and stuff but best wishes on your adventure and hope to catch up soon!
Unread 2011-09-11, 17:49   #134
NocturnalGuy
Mecha+ Member

Oct 22 2003
5,160 posts
Age 47
Male
T.O.

Can't believe I've had the new pup for two weeks now and haven't posted any pics yet! This is Sam:

Short for Samwise, the stalwart companion. He's a Leonberger. The breed was made from St. Bernard, Newfoundland and Great Pyrenese... he's gonna be a big boy!
Unread 2011-09-11, 18:23   #135
Dinahmoehum

Nov 1 2004
6,169 posts
Age 61
I'm Oprah Rich!

Damn he's cute!
Unread 2011-09-12, 7:36   #136
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,855 posts
Age 54
Male
clearwater, FL

Awesome. Great pooch.
Unread 2011-09-13, 18:06   #137
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

seriously. that's one cute fucking dog, dude. rawr
Unread 2011-10-02, 11:54   #138
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

dog event of the weekend.. barktoberfest!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3923442&type=1
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Main > General > Pets & Stuff
Post New Thread Reply