Unread 2013-10-04, 10:18   #61
JangoFett
Mecha+ Member

Nov 1 2004
3,467 posts
Age 40
Male
Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away

Neat! I also figured out that you can order car upgrades through the iFruit app on your phone and it will update in-game. I can get used to this multi-platform game concept.

Click the image to open in full size.
Unread 2013-10-04, 10:21   #62
FulanoDeTal
Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,598 posts
Age 41
Male
Indianapolis, IN

Has that app been released on Android yet? I heard that there were lots of fakes out there so I haven't looked in the Play Store yet
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-10-04, 10:37   #63
JangoFett
Mecha+ Member

Nov 1 2004
3,467 posts
Age 40
Male

Looks like it's iOS only for now.
Unread 2013-10-04, 10:38   #64
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,072 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

I don't think so, still iFruit only.

Maybe a little hard to make out.

I like when I get a notification that Chop took a dump and to go clean it up.

edit: Also, one of the problems playing GTA right before bed is waking up with something like Lonely is the Night in your head and having it there the whole next day.

Last edited by RepoMan; 2013-10-04 at 10:48.
Unread 2013-10-07, 10:59   #65
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,072 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

FYI http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...r-investigates

Alongside this, however, Rockstar issued several bits of advice about how to minimize the chances of losing progress. Firstly, the developer has urged everyone to exit GTA Online by pausing and choosing to return to single player, as this forces the game to save. If you purchase items and power off or exit through the console system menus, there's no guarantee you'll still be in possession of these things next time you log on.

Similarly, the developer has told users not to select "Retry" should you receive the message "Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable" as doing so may cause a loss of character data. If you encounter this message when trying to access GTA Online, you're advised to exit to Story Mode and try re-entering Online through the pause menu. This is a high-priority fix for Rockstar, with the company working on issuing a fix as soon as possible.
Unread 2013-10-07, 12:45   #66
AsMuch

Dec 2 2005
6,091 posts
Age 40
Male
Massachusetts

I finally got online last night and through the tutorial. After I got out, i felt like a scared and naked little rabbit in a lion's den. Every moving dot was a potential threat ready to take away my precious money. I was alone.

The first person I ran into calmly approached me, unarmed, as I tried to calm myself. It didn't work, I knew that it was him or me. I shot him twice, one in the chest and once in the head. A pile of cash lay next to the pooling blood. No sooner did I pick up the money than a man on a motorcycle raced past me. I ran, hoping that he didn't see me, but as I ran through the abandoned parking lot, I saw him turn around and head straight for me. I guess it was just the welcoming committee as he only bashed me with a nightstick as he sped past and kept going.

Basically what I am saying is that I was scared shitless because I couldn't find an ATM and I need a posse to hang out with so I don't spend hours crouching behind a bush in passive mode.
Unread 2013-10-07, 12:55   #67
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,072 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

so I don't spend hours crouching behind a bush in passive mode.

You know you can widen your horizons and do things in the game you don't normally do in real life.

As for finding ATMs, use quick GPS in the back button menu. Pretty handy.
Unread 2013-10-07, 14:13   #68
JangoFett
Mecha+ Member

Nov 1 2004
3,467 posts
Age 40
Male

Stay classy, San Andreas!

I found a lot more funny signs, but the in-game camera server saving is kinda glitchy. Some other ones I've seen are towing notices on buildings for a company named "Camel Towing" and a hair styling place with "Surprise Facials"
Unread 2013-10-07, 14:37   #69
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,072 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Unread 2013-10-08, 8:47   #70
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,072 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Hopefully this link works... sounds like a fun job! http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...CkKFM1PtpVE8Dw
Unread 2013-10-08, 9:27   #71
FulanoDeTal
Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,598 posts
Age 41
Male
Indianapolis, IN

I got placed into that one randomly last night but you need to be a minimum of Rank 15, so I had to quit out. It looked awesome though.
Unread 2013-10-08, 10:24   #72
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,072 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Ah, smart. Seems like a mission where more experience with the mechanics would make it better for all involved.

Update on deleted characters:

The company has instructed players who find an empty character slot to return to story mode and then re-enter GTA Online through the pause menu, but only when the Rockstar Cloud Servers are working. If you encounter a message saying the servers are unavailable, keep trying until they're working. Do not continue online with saving disabled, as this may overwrite your character.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...r-investigates
Unread 2013-10-08, 11:23   #73
FulanoDeTal
Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,598 posts
Age 41
Male
Indianapolis, IN

have any of us experienced this yet? I think I might have been because after they gave me the tracking/insurance on my first car, I came back and found I didn't have a car anymore so I had to pay for the tracking on another one. But as far as I can tell, I haven't had any issues with my character.
Unread 2013-10-08, 14:37   #74
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,072 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Knock on wood, no. I thought my money disappeared from the bank, but it was probably just because I bought a gun without knowing the price and I had less on hand than I realized.
Unread 2013-10-09, 11:07   #75
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,072 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

I just read today you can deposit cash into the bank via your phone. Not that I don't usually have fun driving to the nearest ATM but dammit.
Unread 2013-10-09, 11:45   #76
FulanoDeTal
Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,598 posts
Age 41
Male
Indianapolis, IN

Unread 2013-10-09, 12:24   #77
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,072 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Boy, I didn't notice at the time, but going back to my old story about the guy who killed me who I later chased down into a dead end and he was on his phone as I mashed him into a wall...

I hope he was banking on the phone and I got his cash before he could deposit it.

Not sure if you pick up cash while in a vehicle though.
Unread 2013-10-10, 7:13   #78
ash#

Nov 1 2004
9,932 posts
Age 47
Male
One of those indoor shopping malls

OK I have my internet working to the point where my connections arent dropping all the time so I am going to give this a go again maybe tonight.
Unread 2013-10-10, 10:17   #79
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,072 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Gonna get pwned, n00b.
Unread 2013-10-10, 12:29   #80
ash#

Nov 1 2004
9,932 posts
Age 47
Male
One of those indoor shopping malls

Yea too much of that will make me not play of course.
Unread 2013-10-10, 14:07   #81
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,072 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Nice thing is you can set up a game to play with just friends or just your crew. I haven't tried it yet, but I assume it works as advertised.
Unread 2013-10-11, 7:40   #82
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,072 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Had my first run-in with a fighter jet last night. Was outside my car for some reason when I hear the roar of a jet and suddenly a car up the road from me exploded. I watched the guy do missile runs up and down streets for a little while from a rooftop.

Not a great shot, it was tough to get anything good. There was a sense of uneasiness the whole time, like when would he pick my dot to take potshots at (which was why I stayed on foot).
Unread 2013-10-11, 8:23   #83
JangoFett
Mecha+ Member

Nov 1 2004
3,467 posts
Age 40
Male

I met Trevor last night in online (level 13, I think). I haven't gotten any missions from him yet, but I hear they pay out big. We may need to get together soon and make some big bucks.
Unread 2013-10-11, 8:47   #84
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,072 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Ha, that's cool. I didn't know they were doing that. I wonder who else we might get to meet.
Unread 2013-10-11, 10:45   #85
FulanoDeTal
Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,598 posts
Age 41
Male
Indianapolis, IN

I just got a call to meet Lester last night. (I'm at lvl 11 now) He can provide some interesting services as you level up.
I had a fun run of missions last night with a group of random people, we did almost every type, from races to deathmatches. That was fun...
I expected that I'd come out with some cash, but buying ammo before each match (and using it all during) can be expensive, so I'm still have ~$20K and no property yet, I'm itching to get some place to call home. I was saddened to lose my beloved Gauntlet last night too. Some jerk and I went back and forth murdering each other and respawing over and over and the bastard blew up my car. Since I can't unlock the full insurance, it's gone. It's funny how I got attached to that car. I'm on the look out for a replacement.
Unread 2013-10-14, 10:22   #86
JangoFett
Mecha+ Member

Nov 1 2004
3,467 posts
Age 40
Male

Don't worry FDT, Uncle Rockstar is going to give you $500,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rockstar
In order to keep the current worldwide in-game economy balanced, we will be providing this GTA$ to players via two deposits of $250,000. We will announce specific dates as soon as possible, but are currently hoping to be able to make the first deposit by the end of next week (after we’ve confirmed that issues causing game progress loss have been fixed) with the second installment to happen by the end of the month. For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet.
Unread 2013-10-14, 11:08   #87
FulanoDeTal
Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,598 posts
Age 41
Male
Indianapolis, IN

I saw something about that pop up in one of the loading screens but I didn't catch the whole message and didn't follow up on it. That'll be a nice bonus. "Thanks, Obama"

I found the mission that I want to play with you guys. I think it gets unlocked at level 15, it's called Survival. I had lots of fun playing these last weekend. You and up to three other players have to defend your position against waves of cops, etc. and see how long you last. The number of enemies and their intensity goes up for each wave, until you're defending against helicopters and mini-guns. It was great!
Unread 2013-10-14, 12:18   #88
JangoFett
Mecha+ Member

Nov 1 2004
3,467 posts
Age 40
Male

Survival on Boneyard is the best.
Unread 2013-10-15, 8:08   #89
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,072 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by FulanoDeTal View Post
It's funny how I got attached to that car.
I know the feeling. I know I could find a better car, but I'm attached to mine. I like when the game fires up and it zooms in on the world and you see your car again.

I had a run-in recently where I was re-spraying a motorcycle for export and some ass mowed me down outside the paint shop. I went back and he was still there, so I mowed him down and re-sprayed the bike which was still there. On my way to the export garage, he ran me down and stole the bike and took it in for the cash. However, he had to leave his car which had the expensive blower on it, so it looks like he spent some cash on it. Turns out he didn't have it locked either, so I shot the hell out of it, drove it into walls and traffic for a while, and finally left it upside down on a freeway. I waited a bit for him to come get it, but he didn't come back. I hope he eventually got to see it.

Looking forward to that stimulus cash. Time for an apartment and garage!

Also looking forward to survival. I need to level up.
Unread 2013-10-15, 9:26   #90
JangoFett
Mecha+ Member

Nov 1 2004
3,467 posts
Age 40
Male

Yesterday I was being a dick and someone put a $5,000 bounty on me. A guy killed me and got the reward.

When I respawned, I hunted him down and found him in a store standing at an ATM. I emptied two SMG clips into him as he stood there.

I hope he didn't get to complete the deposit.
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Entertainment Warehouse > Gaming > Grand Theft Auto V
Post New Thread Reply