JangoFett
Mecha+ Member

Nov 1 2004
3,467 posts
Age 40
Male
Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away

Wasteland 2 Kickstarter raises $600,000 in 48 hours

I think this is great. I remember getting Wasteland in an Interplay collection with games like Lord of the Rings, Start Trek, and Out of This World.

Wasteland was a text command, turn-based game that was the direct precursor to Fallout & Fallout 2.
Unread 2012-03-16, 8:25   #2
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,362 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Wow, Wasteland was THE game I'd see at the computer store and wish I could play when I was buying text-based Infocom games like Planetfall. I'd see that cover and pine.
Unread 2013-02-09, 13:18   #3
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,873 posts
Age 54
Male
clearwater, FL

First video gameplay is out! Release date is October of this year. Gotta get this -- nothing like a good old-fashioned "computer game".

Last edited by b0rg9; 2013-02-12 at 20:56. Reason: vimeo link went buhbye for whatever reason
Unread 2013-08-22, 21:25   #4
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,873 posts
Age 54
Male
clearwater, FL

That Destiny game project looks totally killer -- don't know if it'll ever see the light of day on PC but whatever -- that game's probably right at home w/o a PC audience (kind of like GTA 5 will be).

On a different extreme of games, Wasteland 2 released some new screenshots which look pretty awesome. I'm sure this game is going to burn up lots of turn-based time for me once it finally comes out. After October? That's fine. I'm patient.

Anyway...

Click the image to open in full size.

more...

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/08/was...alyptic-cities

Here's another article that goes into why the game is delayed to enhance the reactivity and enhance player choice even further -- which is most of the fun w/ games like this...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/02/wa...player-choice/
Unread 2014-05-28, 10:18   #5
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,873 posts
Age 54
Male
clearwater, FL

Dudes, check out the live action opening cinematic for this Even if you're not into this game it should appeal to the Walking Dead fan in you...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...ning-cinematic
Unread 2014-09-06, 13:43   #6
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,873 posts
Age 54
Male
clearwater, FL

This is really looking like it's going to be a fun computer game. I am going to have a blast just creating characters (although they give you plenty of presets for people who are bored by that stuff). Graphics look even nicer than what I expected.

I'm sure I'll hit some frustrating moments in it, not being an expert in this style of game (hell, who is? --does anyone else even attempt making a turn-based RPG anymore?) but the R&D that's gone in over the past few years should hopefully prove to have balanced this game out. They've spent so much time honing the fine points. And reports of the beta play have been really good.

Unread 2014-12-02, 9:50   #7
JangoFett
Mecha+ Member

Nov 1 2004
3,467 posts
Age 40
Male
Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away

I saw this was 33% off yesterday, so I picked it up. First thing I did was accidentally click the free attack box and stab the guy who was giving me the mission. After a very brief shoot-out, my game was over.
Unread 2014-12-02, 10:28   #8
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,873 posts
Age 54
Male
clearwater, FL

Haha, yes that is the shortest game you can play. I like, too, that if you try to click "goodbye" before he's done with his opening rant he gets pissed at you 'cause you're not letting him finish.

I'm on the second playthrough. This game has chewed up more of my time than I care to say. At the moment it's the style of game I'm into -- just a good old-fashioned computer game. Nothing fancy, but written pretty well, IMO. The great thing about finishing the first time is I've got all my players back as vets and they kept all their stats they've earned so now I have mad skillz at the beginning which is nice. Back to the same early crappy weapons but can use them well.

I'll eventually play a "rogue" version through to see how that plays out. The Rangers will send their Delta force after you and I think you can then make alliances with some of the more unsavory groups and attack the Citadel. You don't get to the second half of the game that way but I want to see the story.
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Entertainment Warehouse > Gaming > Wasteland 2?!
Post New Thread Reply