Unread 2010-09-03, 14:25   #1
Ved
Administrator

Feb 3 2003
4,678 posts
Age 41
Male
Dallas

The Uncanny Robot graffiti is now live. I know this is the start of a holiday weekend, but don't worry, it will remain live for at least a week; I needed to have a live contest while working on the homepage today so I just opened it up.
Unread 2010-09-03, 16:46   #2
Ved
Administrator

Feb 3 2003
4,678 posts
Age 41
Male
Dallas

Beat The Heat, the new photograffi contest, is now live as well. Both of these contests are scheduled to close on Monday, Sept 13 at 8 AM server.
Unread 2010-09-04, 5:21   #3
Gear Jammer

Jan 14 2004
5,555 posts
Male
Visiting my brain at the funny farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ved View Post
Beat The Heat, the new photograffi contest, is now live as well. Both of these contests are scheduled to close on Monday, Sept 13 at 8 AM server.
The going live has brought a problem with the light box, at least for me, to my attention. When pics open in the light box, they don't auto-resize in the browser, so that you can see the full pic. I'm left scrolling around the image thinking, this might be a real nice pic, if I could take it in all at once, as opposed to in sectors.
Unread 2010-09-04, 14:26   #4
Ved
Administrator

Feb 3 2003
4,678 posts
Age 41
Male
Dallas

Yeah I can understand that. I still like the lightbox script we have, so what I'm doing is adding a condition.

If the image is greater than 1000 pixels wide OR 700 pixels high, it will now use the old popup window. If it's less than those dimensions, it uses the Lightbox. My resolution is 1280x1024 and I am catering to that size, but it should be adequate for 1024x768 users as well.

Edit: hah, this makes it strange going through the "Beat the Heat" photo contest; every other entry is either a popup, or Lightbox.

Last edited by Ved; 2010-09-04 at 15:12.
Unread 2010-09-04, 20:20   #5
Gear Jammer

Jan 14 2004
5,555 posts
Male
Visiting my brain at the funny farm.

Cool, my screen res on the desktop is 1280x960, and the wide screen laptop's res is greater than that.
Unread 2010-09-26, 23:48   #6
Ved
Administrator

Feb 3 2003
4,678 posts
Age 41
Male
Dallas

Reminder, we have just two graffiti contests going live this week, but next week will start the new schedule of a contest on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

If you have the time and an idea, you should do an entry for one of the two contests this week!

Monday 9/27 @ 9 AM EST: Can I Get This In Pink?

Click the image to open in full size.

Thursday 9/30 @ 9 AM EST: Funny Face

Click the image to open in full size.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Main > Photoshopping > Group Contests > Graffiti contests are live!
Post New Thread Reply