Learn more - Subscribe
HomeContestsQueueShowcaseArcadeForumsMembersAboutContact
Unread 2010-03-02, 19:42   #1
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Season 10 of “Dancing With the Stars” premieres March 22.

The New Lineup:

Pamela Anderson: The former Baywatch babe is overdue for a comeback.

Shannen Doherty: The Beverly Hills, 90210 alum you love to hate “will beg to be loved, again.”

Nicole Scherzinger: The former Pussycat Doll’s “solo career didn't go as well as she'd hoped.”

Erin Andrews: The ESPN sportscaster “will try to make us forget about that peephole thing.”

Evan Lysacek: The gold medalist “will prove that Johnny Weir isn't America's only lovably preposterous male figure skater.”

Chad Ochocinco: The Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver “is working on humility and building female fans.”

Buzz Aldrin: 80-year-old former moonwalker

Jake Pavelka: ABC’s most recent Bachelor

Aiden Turner: a British actor from All My Children

Niecy Nash: who played Deputy Raineesha Williams on Reno 911!

LA TIMES article.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-03-03, 10:50   #2
FulanoDeTal
Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,490 posts
Age 40
Male
Indianapolis, IN

oh no, not again... I mean, yay DANCING!!

:D
Unread 2010-03-03, 15:14   #3
Gear Jammer

Jan 14 2004
5,555 posts
Male
Visiting my brain at the funny farm.

If they dance on ice, with the dancers wearing speed skates, and eliminations are done by putting the lowest 2 vote getters on the ice together, in a skate blade duel to the death, I'm in...otherwise, meh.
Unread 2010-03-23, 7:23   #4
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Opening Night Show:

Pretty much what I expected, the opening night show had some good and bad. Evan Lysacek (Olympic Figure Skater) and Nicole Scherzinger (Pussycat Dolls) were standouts. Not surprising because both have had experience dancing.

Best moment: Derek Hough bumped Nicole Scherzingers' boob right before a commercial backstage.

BTW, Brook Burke is the co-host this season, so there's plenty of eye candy.

Quickie Review:

Pamela Anderson: Yuck. Stripper Yuck.
Shannen Doherty:Yuck. And she Cried.
Erin Andrews: Meh. Nice outfit.
Chad Ochocinco: Meh. Has potential.
Buzz Aldrin: Yuck. AARP Yuck.
Jake Pavelka: Yuck. Uncomfortable.
Aiden Turner: Yuck. Train Wreck
Niecy Nash: Yuck. But fun to watch.

I missed that Kate Gosselin from "Jon & Kate plus 8" was on the show previously. Probably won't be on long. Yuck. Seriously- yuck.
Unread 2010-03-30, 20:32   #5
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Second show and results show

Second show wasn't much better than the first. You REALLY want that Kate Gosselin off the show when you watch, she's a train wreck.. Pamela Anderson did OK. Erin Andrews is improving. Best of the night was easily Nicole Scherzinger (smokin!). Buzz (bless his heart) managed not to have a stroke.

However.. It was Shannon Doherty that was booted out tonight on the results show.

Hoping for better performances out of those who are left..
Unread 2010-04-07, 6:23   #6
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Third show & results show

Evan Lysacek - improving. Good scores
Buzz Aldrin - Ugh.
Jake Pavelka - Meh.
Niecy Nash - Not great, but getting better and looks fantastic.
Chad Ochocinco - Marginally better. Considering he's TWICE the size of his partner, not bad.
Pamela Anderson - Good eye candy, average dancing.
Aiden Turner - Meh.
Erin Andrews - Looked great, danced well- Did most of the dance BLINDFOLDED. seriously.
Kate Gosselin. Horrible. Judge Carrie summed it up best: "That was odd."
Nicole Scherzinger - Fantastic. Beautiful. She's clearly in the lead at this point.

Results show: I figured it had to be between Buzz and Kate+8, and our astro hero Buzz Aldrin is going home.
Unread 2010-04-15, 7:20   #7
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Fourth Show & Results.

The dancing was about like last week. Evan Lysacek (Skater) and Nicole Scherzinger did well. Kate sucked, Pam looked slutty, Erin's improving, Nievcy needs work, OchoCinco bought his partner a 10,000 dollar ring (something's going on between those two it seems) but he still sucks.

Aiden Turner, 33 year old British actor on "All My Children" was sent home. Deserved it, you could tell his heart wasn't in it.

I will probably lose my faith in mankind should Kate8 remain much longer. It's painful to watch.

Last edited by texasaurus; 2010-04-15 at 7:32.
Unread 2010-04-15, 7:35   #8
Chuck

May 6 2003
16,035 posts
Age 62
Male
The real America not that part where you live.

Wishing Chad Ocho Cinco would get voted off, the local coverage has been way too much.
Unread 2010-04-20, 20:58   #9
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

"Movie Night"

Niecy Nash was shakin' in a fiery outfit- fun to watch, but off technically. Scored 18 out of 30.
Ochocinco- bad night. Still lumbering around. Scored 18.
Erin Andrews (as Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction) Nice Cha-Chas. Scored 22.
Jake "Risky Bid'niss" Pavelka. Judges liked him more than I. Scored 23.
Pamela chacha'd the Dolly Parton song '9 to 5'. (gettit? Dolly haz teh big b00bs too!1! ROTFLMAO!1!) Scored 21.
K8. I'll have bruises around my eyes from beating myself in the face for watching that mess. Scored 15.
Nicole. Sigh. HOT. Easily the best dance of the season. Scored a well deserved 29.
Evan Lysacek. Great job, fantastic moves- very fluid- too bad he had to follow Nicole. Scored 28.

Results show: K8 was booted out. Thank god The show will be much more watchable the rest of the season.
Unread 2010-04-27, 20:00   #10
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

6th Show & Results

Jake Pavelka. Improving, rhythm seemed to be off a bit. Scored 21/30
Evan Lysacek. Had an off night. Scored a 21.
Neicy was fun to watch, judges liked her tonight. Scored 21.
Erin Andrews. Weird, yet oddly sexy outfit, great samba. Scored 25.
ChOcho. Pretty good tango. Scored 24, his highest so far.
Nicole. H.O.T. Samba. Scored 26. deserved better.
Pamela managed to avoid a wardrobe malfunction for yet another week. Scored 22.

The show also had a Swing Dance-off sort of thing, tap on the shoulder elimination dance.. Came down to Erin and Nicole.. but Nicole edged out a win.

Time to say goodbye to Bachellor star Jake Pavelka, voted off the show this week..
Unread 2010-05-04, 20:11   #11
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

VII. The stars that are left are taking it pretty seriously. Good show tonight, good dancing all around. Neicy and Chonko are the worst of the bunch, but ya never know how the voting is gonna go..

Erin Andrews. Her best dance so far. Nice Quickstep. Straight 9's for a total of 27.
ChOcho. Doing better. Slow dance, he might have gotten lucky. Scored 25.
Nicole. Beautiful outfit. Great dancing, again.. scored 27
Pamela. Very nice, great outfit. She's workin for it. Scored Straight 8's for 26
Neicy. Also improving.. looked great, good energy. Scored 25.
Evan Lysacek. Very good night. Sharp tonight. Scored a perfect 30.

Team dancing was added tonight (Cha-Cha's), three couples against the other three. The team with Nicole, Pamela and Och0nco scored a total of 27/30. The team with Neicy Erin and Evan scored 24/30.

Results Show:
The cha-cha team winners (Nicole, Pamela & CinchoCh) did thier group dance again. Two Words: Cha-Cha's & Ta-ta's.The guy that sings "Hey Soul Sister" (Train?) was musical guest, and there was a Las Vegas troupe doing an Elvis tribute, had a remix of 'Blue Suede Shoes'- fun to watch, sort of a mix of swing and acrobatics.

Coinchcinoo got lucky. Neicy got lucky- Sorry Canadia, Pamela's luck ran out tonight and has been dismissed.
Unread 2010-05-06, 17:36   #12
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bZJRvkrf2Q the Eviss dance
Unread 2010-05-11, 20:17   #13
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Down to the final five. I'll go out on a limb and predict that either Choncho or Neicy is going home this week. PFC and I are rooting for Erin- Nicole and Evan are easily the best.

The stars that are left are doing 2 full dances tonight, so two sets of scores. Second dances have a theme..

Chunko. First Dance: meh. Scored 21. Second dance was a jive, which was a little better (a 70's disco mess) scored 24. Total of 45 for the night.

Neicy. Ya just can't help but love Neicy. Nice waltz, she's dropped a few lbs since the start of the show. Scored 23 on the first (I thought she did a little better), Second dance was her Paso Doble, fun to watch, but off technically- only scored 20, for a total of 43.

Erin Andrews. Looked great, sharp tango for her first dance. Very good- scored 28. Second dance was an 80's themed Rumba, kinda goofy, scored 25. total 53.

Evan Lysacek. Waltz first, very good. 27. Second dance was a weird future cha-cha of some sort. The judges liked it, scored 26. Total 53

Nicole. First dance-nailed it. Holy crap HOT. Scored a 29 on the first dance. Second dance- paso doble, 50's style. Amazing. Interesting choreography, the judges loved it. Perfect 30. Scored 59/60 for the night.

Results Show: Gipsy Kings rocks bumble yea oh!. The Sports Center guys were on doing the "Dance Center" bit. U.C. Sandy-Eggo and Purr-Doo had a college dance off- both great. Eight young ladies, n'er a one over the drinkin' age, not yet interrupted in life by the drama and trauma of enhancement surgery, all of whom have been dancing their areses off eight hours a day for months.. well you get the idea. Sort of win-win for everyone on that one.

Came down to Chandchonx, Erin and Neicy. Neicy was very gracious when she learned it was her final show. Would have liked to see her on at least another week.

Last edited by texasaurus; 2010-05-12 at 5:09.
Unread 2010-05-17, 20:32   #14
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

It's down to the 4 Semi-Finalists. Great show tonight.

Two dances for everyone, with a solo dance in the second. Oinko should be the one to go, but with the viewer voting, who knows..

Worth noting: (perhaps worth youtubing) Co-host Brook Burke had the girls on display with her most bustilicious dress to date- in a nod I'm sure to one of the sponsors. Yes Victoria's Secret, I'm looking at you. :motorboat:

Erin Andrews: Very elegant waltz for her first dance. Beautiful blue gown, nice job. Scored well with the judges, 27/30. Second dance also well done, very assertive Paso Doble. Great costume, sort of a gypsy girl thing.. scored 29, total of 56 for the night.

Nicole: Tango first up, and knocked it out of the park. Made the female judge cry a little. Perfect 30. Second was a Paso Doble to Prince tune "Kiss". Smokin' hot again. Judges loved it. Scored 29, total 59.

ChoinkoBoinko: Yes, he's shown improvement, but still not up to snuff. Waltz wasn't bad. Scored a surprising 27. Good job on the second dance. Scored 25, total of 52.

Evan Lysacek: Dude can dance. Great classic ballroom. Scored 29 on the first dance- His second was an amazing, and I do mean AMAZING Paso Doble. Perfect 30. total of 59 for the night, tying it up with Nicole.

Results show tomorrow...

Last edited by texasaurus; 2010-05-18 at 20:03.
Unread 2010-05-18, 19:59   #15
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Results.

Sarah McLaughlin sang the "Arms of an Angel" song. yawn. Again. Former Dancing stars Mellissa Rycroft and Joey Fatone did a little dance to KISS "I want to Rock & Roll All Night". Joey's put a few pounds back on, Mellissa's still representing her gender admirably. The Tuesday Night College Smackdown involved Rutgers University shocking pink vs. Utah Valley University (UVU?!WTF?1!) blood red on black dueling Cha-Cha's (UVU!FTW!).

Bonus: Milus Cyrus. I went and changed out the laundry while this was on, PFC says it kicked ass- So I'll just go with that to stay out of trouble.

last three standing: Nicole, Evan and Erin.

goodbye, Oucho Sinko. You're the ciento'th star voted off DWTS.

Last edited by texasaurus; 2010-05-19 at 7:19.
Unread 2010-05-24, 20:09   #16
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Big show tonight.

So it comes down to the final three: Nicole the Pussycat Doll, Evan the Olympian and Erin the Espied upon. Co-host Brook Burke wore some ridiculously really big hair for the special night to match the implants. Well done.

The Samba was up first for Erin. Hot red feathered outfit and great dance. Scored well with 29. Her freestyle, well.. different. Lots of slinging each other around. Scored 26 for a total of 55.

Evan first dance was Viennese Waltz. Very classy, clean, precise. Scored 28. His freestyle dance (Footloose!) was amazing and energetic. The judges were disappointed, scored them a 24. Total for the night of 52.

Nicoles first was the Rumba. Red little outfit that looked more like a teddy than a dress. But I digress. Great dance, judges knocked her for a technical point or two. Scored 28. Freestyle was great, (Elvis song) with one slip up on a lift at the end, so everyone got a little less pointage tonight for last night jitters.... scored 27, totaling 55.

stay tuned..

Last edited by texasaurus; 2010-05-25 at 5:51.
Unread 2010-05-24, 20:47   #17
kokopelli
Administrator

Feb 4 2003
6,448 posts
Male
Stavromula Beta

Seeing as how Disney owns ESPN and ABC, the conspiracy theorist in me figures they'll give it to Erin, but maybe Nicole will win it. At the very least, they kept Erin in it 'til the very end...
Unread 2010-05-25, 22:01   #18
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Final Results Show.

Entertainment on deck: All the stars from the start of the season. Buzz is still alive, still H8 K8, what's-her-face, Pamela Knockerson, et al.. Brook Burke- extra yummy in gold, btw.

Finalists Stars Dancing: All 3 did the Argentine Tango tonight. The Judges did not reveal scores, only gave a small review and ranked the three at the end.

Nicole. Absolutely amazing- beautiful, sexy, and dead on perfect.
Evan. Great Job. Guy's a natural dancer.
Erin. Fantastic blood red outfit, beautiful dance. (Our fav!)

1st place-Nicole, 2nd place Evan, and 3rd place Erin (dang!)

Seemingly endless review of the former stars, Srsly. Former contestants attempted a bit of dance here and there.

Cutesy montages of stars fighting with their dance-a-ma-partners. Way too many Sex in The City promos (1).

Midpoint on show. Third place was announced, Erin had to take a seat. (We wuz robbed I tellz ya!) She was brought to tears. Amazing accomplishment for her. Been through a lot, poor girl. She's a winner for everyone that watched the show, and we luvs her. She did one last cha-cha- emotional, but fun.

Super College Final Spankdown!!1 - Purr-do Vs. UVeeU. jdges piks UVU FTW!11!!

Montage of stars like Regis and other E! news types talking about the show. Seriously. Larry King? He's still alive?

Pamela and Neicy did a sexy little number than was fun to watch..

Second round of Dancing, Evan vs. Nicole.
Nicole did an out of this world Jive to 'Rollin' on the River'. Gold, sparkly, fun. Scored a perfect 30, 115 two night total.
Evan danced a quickstep. Cheap Tricks 'I Want You to Want Me'. Flawless, precise, lively... Scored 28. 108 two night total.

and the winner is.... Nicole "Pussycat" Scherzinger. Good job, Nicole..

Unread 2010-05-26, 11:39   #19
FulanoDeTal
Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,490 posts
Age 40
Male
Indianapolis, IN

Yay It's over!... I mean, aww, it's over.

:D
Unread 2010-05-31, 7:01   #20
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

Chonko update

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...n=nfl%2C244600
Unread 2010-05-31, 9:06   #21
kokopelli
Administrator

Feb 4 2003
6,448 posts
Male
Stavromula Beta

Wow, that's pretty classy. He sometimes makes it easy to dismiss him as "T.O., Jr.", but this makes it seem like there's more to the guy.
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Entertainment Warehouse > TV > DWTS 2010
Post New Thread Reply