or reimbursement policy on OTC drugs from work,

http://www.discoverybenefits.com/new...?permalink=422
Unread 2010-12-30, 9:21   #2
Gear Jammer

Jan 14 2004
5,555 posts
Male
Visiting my brain at the funny farm.

Coulda sworn I selected "attention", and not "baseball" as the little logo thingy by this thread, but WTF, if you use over the counter ball creme, it still applies...sorta.
Unread 2010-12-30, 9:26   #3
ash#

Nov 1 2004
9,301 posts
Age 46
Male
One of those indoor shopping malls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Jammer View Post
Coulda sworn I selected "attention", and not "baseball" as the little logo thingy by this thread, but WTF, if you use over the counter ball creme, it still applies...sorta.
It was a hanging chad. You clicked the thingie to the right of the attention flag when you should have clicked the thingie to the left of the attention flag. Hm. That makes little to no sense, but I fixed it anyway.
Unread 2010-12-30, 9:40   #4
Gear Jammer

Jan 14 2004
5,555 posts
Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash# View Post
It was a hanging chad. You clicked the thingie to the right of the attention flag when you should have clicked the thingie to the left of the attention flag. Hm. That makes little to no sense, but I fixed it anyway.
Thanks for massaging my balls, as per usual, the check is in the mail.
Unread 2010-12-30, 10:44   #5
Gear Jammer

Jan 14 2004
5,555 posts
Male

Hmm, apparently I also F'd up titling it with the acronym HSO, rather than HSA (Health Savings Account), no idea how I managed that...oh well, seems folks are looking in, and getting the news, which is the most important part.
Unread 2010-12-30, 11:36   #6
JangoFett
Mecha+ Member

Nov 1 2004
3,467 posts
Age 39
Male
Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away

If you think this is interesting, just wait until all the new regulations that are set to take effect in the next few years.
Unread 2010-12-30, 20:41   #7
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,282 posts
Age 53
Male
clearwater, FL

They brought up HSA's at work a few years ago. Unless I'm missing something, what's the difference between an HSA and just sticking some money in a sock under your mattress each pay period? Just that it's pre-tax?
Unread 2010-12-30, 20:48   #8
ash#

Nov 1 2004
9,301 posts
Age 46
Male
One of those indoor shopping malls

Yup... pre tax. But money under your mattress you can use for anything.
Unread 2010-12-30, 21:24   #9
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,282 posts
Age 53
Male
clearwater, FL

Well, I poked around on the googles and saw that they earn interest (not sure what, if significant, that is) and some companies match, which would be nice. I suspect, though, a lot of companies that do that are not really offering much else, healthcare-wise.
Unread 2010-12-31, 16:47   #10
JangoFett
Mecha+ Member

Nov 1 2004
3,467 posts
Age 39
Male
Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away

An HSA requires that you get a high-deductible insurance plan, usually a $2,500 - $5,000 deductible in exchange for lower monthly premiums. You can set aside up to the deductible $ amount in a savings account each year (pre-tax). It works great for people who rarely go to the doctor, they can save up the deductible in a savings account and use it for medical expenses.
Unread 2011-01-02, 21:22   #11
Domestic Goddess

Jan 19 2007
2,023 posts
Age 45
City of Brotherly Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by JangoFett View Post
An HSA requires that you get a high-deductible insurance plan, usually a $2,500 - $5,000 deductible in exchange for lower monthly premiums. You can set aside up to the deductible $ amount in a savings account each year (pre-tax). It works great for people who rarely go to the doctor, they can save up the deductible in a savings account and use it for medical expenses.
That's what my husband and I did. We rarely go to the doctor and up until this year it worked for us (because my boys have seperate, disability-related insurance, since our primary won't cover squat for them). Then this year the husband had an ER visit for stabbing himself accidentally with an epipen, I had anaphylaxis, ended up at a Pulmonologist and was diagnosed with asthma and then herniated a disc SIX TIMES this year. Needless to say, yeah, we're way over. And we still had to scramble to spend it this year.
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Discussion > Politics > heads up, if you've got an HSA...
Post New Thread Reply