Post New Thread Reply
Unread 2018-04-17, 11:25   #1
aarkieboy

Feb 5 2003
77,942 posts
Age 62
Male
Somewhere on this ball we call "Earth"

"WASHINGTON -- By the 2020 presidential election, 16 and 17-year-olds may be able to vote in the nation's capital.

Washington, D.C. may lower the voting age for federal and local elections to 16. The legislation was introduced last Tuesday by D.C. council member Charles Allen (D-Ward 6), who said he was inspired by the high schoolers that came to D.C. to protest at the March for our lives.

Advocates of the measure say they have the support of seven of 13, a majority of D.C. Council members.

"I think people are getting excited about this, especially with what's going on in the nation right now in terms of youth leading social change. So I think that people are going to be very excited about it and want to get on board," said Alisha Chopra, 18, a senior at School Without Walls.

The Parkland students who survived a mass shooting in February are already credited for changing laws in Florida." - usatoday
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Main > Aarkie's Corner > Washington, D.C., may allow 16-year-olds to vote for president in the 2020 election
Post New Thread Reply