Post New Thread Reply
Unread Yesterday, 0:16   #1
aarkieboy

Feb 5 2003
80,880 posts
Age 62
Male
Somewhere on this ball we call "Earth"

"House Oversight and Reform Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) is accusing President Trump of profiting off his job in the White House.

Cummings made the accusation in an interview with "60 Minutes" aired on Sunday. He said that he believes Trump is making "a lot of money" off the presidency.

"It's not okay," Cummings added. "I still believe that people -- the average citizen, the guys on my block, they ought to know if the president is making a deal, whether he's making it -- making it in his self-interest or that of the country.

The White House called Cummings' claims "completely baseless" in a statement sent to CBS News, adding that it could not "comment further about ongoing litigation.”

The comments from Cummings come as he gets poised to man a committee that he has said will open a number of investigations into the Trump administration.

The congressman issued 51 letters to the heads of various government agencies, White House and Trump Organization officials seeking documents on a series of congressional investigations." (More)
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Main > Aarkie's Corner > House Oversight chairman accuses Trump of making 'a lot of money' off presidency
Post New Thread Reply