Post New Thread Reply
Unread 2019-06-13, 22:28   #1
aarkieboy

Feb 5 2003
86,014 posts
Age 63
Male
Somewhere on this ball we call "Earth"

"BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) - A 32-year-old woman in Birmingham, Alabama says the state's laws have forced her to face the man she says raped her again and again. With Alabama's recent abortion ban, Jessica's story has gotten national attention, showing how the state is failing rape survivors. Jessica asked to have her last name omitted from this story to protect her children.

Jessica says she was continually raped years ago by her uncle, her mother's half-brother. Despite the evidence, including a DNA test, he was never convicted.

"Well, it all started when I was 12 or 13 years old, and he started climbing in my bed at night," she said.

She was impregnated 4 times as a result. At 14, she miscarried. At 16, she had a baby boy. At 18, she had her third child. He later died due to a disease common in cases of incest. At 19, she had her youngest son.

"I literally just felt like I didn't have any options," she said. In another interview, Jessica told The Washington Post she was forced by her family to marry her rapist. That marriage was later deemed illegal by a court due to a "familial relationship." (More)

Recently, her accused rapist has been taking her to court and winning for visitation of her sons. Jessica says she is sharing her story in hopes it brings change.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-06-14, 7:07   #2
Chuck

May 6 2003
16,679 posts
Age 63
Male
The real America not that part where you live.

So we don't even have to switch flags can we take away Alabama's statehood and five it to Puerto Rico.
Unread 2019-06-14, 7:56   #3
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,199 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Agreed.
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Main > Aarkie's Corner > Alabama court forces rape survivor to allow rapist to have visitation with children
Post New Thread Reply