Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Discussion > Politics
Post New Thread Reply
Unread 2011-01-15, 7:05   #1
Gear Jammer

Jan 14 2004
5,555 posts
Male
Visiting my brain at the funny farm.

History of phrase "Blood libel" given by Rabbi Shmuley Boteach.
Perhaps the media that so rabidly went after Palin for it's use in
her recent online video, might have wanted to talk to the rabbi first.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...067585318.html
Unread 2011-01-15, 18:56   #2
Chuck

May 6 2003
15,805 posts
Age 62
Male
The real America not that part where you live.

Major preface: THIS IS IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM A PERSONAL ATTACK! I like you just fine GJ, having said that...
Let me say this clearly and if this was in person LOUDLY. FUCK SARAH PALIN! No, not fuck you GJ, but fuck her, fuck the liberals who tied her to this, fuck the rightwingers and teabaggers who kept this shit up. I even linked the map with the gunsight markings in a thread, not to lay blame but to ask should we do things like that when we never know what tomorrow brings.
I care that a 9 year old girl and many others died, a what seems to be truly pleasurable member of congress who may or may not ever be the same again. I care that good people from had to witness something that will haunt them till the day they die.
I do not give a fuck what Palin says and I think neither does 90% of America, quit listening to pundits pushing bullshit and stirring crap.
If you take this personally I certainly didn't write it as such but I am tired of it, tired of he said, she said. Tired of you suck liberal, you suck harder teabagger and on and on. Don't care what Michael Jackson's rabbi (yes he was) has to say either.
We must do better, take the anger and do something more productive with it,
That is all.
Unread 2011-01-15, 19:09   #3
Gear Jammer

Jan 14 2004
5,555 posts
Male

I'm in no way shape or form a Palin backer...I have no desire to see her as our next President. That being said, the attack machine was loosed on this tragic incident by the Left, within hours of the shots being fired. Attempts to cast blame for the nutbag murderer on Palin, Conservative talk radio personalities, and the Tea Party were rampant for several days. Often using graphics, and words that were used by those folks, that were quite similar to those used by the Left in the election cycle. The evidence is now in, and even with it, the attacks from the Left continue. The murderous bastard is not a Tea Partier, a Conservative, a fan of Palin, or even a listener to Conservative talk radio. He was a stalker, plain, and simple. Sorry to have set you off so Chuck. Truth be told, I'm sick of the attacks as well, and wish folks could have waited for the facts to come in, before attempting to throw their political rivals under the bus, especially in the case of an incident that was so tragic.
Unread 2011-01-16, 2:12   #4
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,325 posts
Age 53
Male
clearwater, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Jammer View Post
the attack machine was loosed on this tragic incident by the Left, within hours of the shots being fired. .

Well, except for the fact that it wasn't. Violent rhetoric was referenced as possibly in bad taste and the those held with it wasted no time nailing themselves up to the media cross.
Unread 2011-01-16, 14:15   #5
Gear Jammer

Jan 14 2004
5,555 posts
Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rg9 View Post
Well, except for the fact that it wasn't. Violent rhetoric was referenced as possibly in bad taste and the those held with it wasted no time nailing themselves up to the media cross.
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that point Dan.
Unread 2011-01-16, 19:56   #6
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,325 posts
Age 53
Male
clearwater, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Jammer View Post
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that point Dan.
Ha, true. But thankfully, most of us with common sense who don't make a living as a pundit for one side or the other see this for what it is -- a tragedy borne of an unstable, evil nut.

PS, I'm surprised you could even read that post. It looks like it might have had a little too much vodak in it.
Unread 2011-01-17, 5:08   #7
Gear Jammer

Jan 14 2004
5,555 posts
Male

Quote:
...thankfully, most of us with common sense who don't make a living as a pundit for one side or the other see this for what it is -- a tragedy borne of an unstable, evil nut.

Quote:
PS, I'm surprised you could even read that post. It looks like it might have had a little too much vodak in it.
Might have had a little whiskey translator sitting on the table at the time, can't remember...good sign that I did.
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Discussion > Politics > Palin uses phrase "Blood libel" media gets egg on face.
Post New Thread Reply