Post New Thread Reply
Unread 2014-10-14, 18:04   #1
aarkieboy

Feb 5 2003
86,070 posts
Age 63
Male
Somewhere on this ball we call "Earth"

"A TV doctor who broke her quarantine for possible Ebola to sneak out to get take-away from her favourite restaurant has issued an apology — of sorts.

Dr Nancy Snyderman and her NBC News crew were all under quarantine after returning from to the US from West Africa where they were exposed to infected cameraman Ashoka Mukpo.

But the network’s chief medical correspondent was allegedly spotted breaking her quarantine by making a food run to a New Jersey restaurant, The New York Post reports.

To make matters worse, Snyderman issued a statement in which she failed to say sorry or take responsibility for her actions, TMZ reports.

The statement, which was read out by NBC news anchor Brian Williams on the nightly bulletin, said:

“While under voluntary quarantine guidelines, which called for our team to avoid public contact for 21 days, members of our group violated those guidelines and understand that our quarantine is now mandatory until 21 days have passed. We remain healthy and our temperatures are normal.”

The statement continued: “As a health professional, I know that we have no symptoms and pose no risk to the public, but I am deeply sorry for the concerns this episode caused.

“We are thrilled that Ashoka is getting better and our thoughts continue to be with the thousands affected by Ebola whose stories we all went to cover.”
Snyderman, who lives in Princeton, New Jersey, was spotted outside the Peasant Grill in nearby Hopewell on Thursday afternoon, according to Planet Princeton." (More)
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-10-15, 4:53   #2
Chuck

May 6 2003
16,684 posts
Age 63
Male
The real America not that part where you live.

Her "as a health professional" really pisses me off. If anything by being a doctor she should recognize the serious nature of this and be even more cooperative than a layperson.
Unread 2014-10-15, 7:20   #3
ash#

Nov 1 2004
9,986 posts
Age 47
Male
One of those indoor shopping malls

Yea this is the one big flaw in all of our statements that we as the big developed western powerhouse nation are so prepared to deal with ebola and keep it from spreading. People are selfish and stupid.
Unread 2014-10-15, 7:22   #4
ash#

Nov 1 2004
9,986 posts
Age 47
Male

And by the way, god fucking help us if there is ever an outbreak of something more contagious than ebola. This country will turn into lawless mad max times real fucking quick.
Unread 2014-10-15, 7:33   #5
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,228 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Yeah, ask those "health care professionals" in Texas how they're feeling right now.

I think a lot of people fantasize about Mad Max times, but if that shit goes down it's going to be less like The Road Warrior more like just The Road. Grim, depressing, and you'll pretty much just want to die and get it over with.
Unread 2014-10-15, 7:38   #6
ash#

Nov 1 2004
9,986 posts
Age 47
Male

Yep probably true. The people that fantasize about are the ones with fucking arsenals in their basements that will become the bandits.

Edit: although it would be nice to not have to go to work. hehe.
Unread 2014-10-15, 7:54   #7
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,228 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Yeah, they'll find out that bullets don't taste too good and they'll be going out and stealing from people who hoarded stuff that you can actually eat.

The no work thing is a bonus. Probably get a lot of bike rides in. Maybe not too many people on the trails.
Unread 2014-10-15, 8:02   #8
ash#

Nov 1 2004
9,986 posts
Age 47
Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepoMan View Post
stealing from people who hoarded stuff that you can actually eat.
You saying I need an arsenal to protect my stash?

That'd be pretty funny... "OK honey going for a bike ride, be back in 4 hours"

"ITS THE FUCKING APOCALYPSE"
Unread 2014-10-15, 8:17   #9
Chuck

May 6 2003
16,684 posts
Age 63
Male

Click the image to open in full size.
Unread 2014-10-15, 8:19   #10
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,228 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Unread 2014-10-16, 4:46   #11
PegLeg
Mecha+ Member

Nov 1 2004
2,284 posts
SoPo, Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepoMan View Post
I think a lot of people fantasize about Mad Max times, but if that shit goes down it's going to be less like The Road Warrior more like just The Road. Grim, depressing, and you'll pretty much just want to die and get it over with.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-10-16, 5:13   #12
Chuck

May 6 2003
16,684 posts
Age 63
Male

Was having trouble with your pic loading PegLeg so I worked around, got it and put it on imgur

Unread 2014-10-16, 7:34   #13
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,228 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Main > Aarkie's Corner > Update: Nancy Snyderman's Non-Apology Apology for Breaking Ebola Quarantine
Post New Thread Reply