Post New Thread Reply
Unread 2017-04-28, 19:18   #1
aarkieboy

Feb 5 2003
86,108 posts
Age 63
Male
Somewhere on this ball we call "Earth"

"(Newser) – Thousands of people who had paid as much as $12,780 to attend a luxury music festival on a private island in the Bahamas arrived Thursday to find what they're describing as a "scam," a "sham," and a "complete cluster." The New York Times reports the Fyre Festival—organized by Ja Rule and a tech entrepreneur—was promoted as an "unprecedented VIP event" complete with "first-class culinary experiences and a luxury atmosphere." Instead, festival-goers arrived to find, as CNN puts it, "mass disorganization, half-built tents, feral dogs, and catered food that was little more than limp cheese sandwiches." Also there was no beer. That's a far cry from the private villas and celebrity chefs Fyre Festival was promising, CBS News reports.

Click the image to open in full size.
Fyre Festival was supposed to be a luxury music festival. Attendees discovered they'd paid thousands of dollars to sit under partially assembled tents and eat cheese sandwiches.

One attendee who paid $8,000 for a ticket says people couldn't figure out where their luggage went; another says the food was "like a soup kitchen." The promised yachts, morning yoga, "chill-out sessions," pig roast, parade, and acts like Blink-182 were nowhere to be found. The festival has been postponed indefinitely with organizers blaming "circumstances out of our control." People were still trying to get off the island Friday. Meanwhile there were reports of other festival-goers being locked in the airport because the island was "overcapacity." Officials in the Bahamas blamed the Fyre Festival for "total disorganization and chaos," and Ja Rule has been deleting posts advertising the festival from his Instagram page."
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-28, 19:55   #2
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,243 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

This looks something Entertainment 720 would put on.

Unread 2017-05-02, 18:26   #3
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,243 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

This story keeps going. Interesting read:

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/...val-pitch-deck

But for the investors who were able to glimpse Fyre’s pitch deck, little of this should have been a shock. The presentation, which I recently obtained and appears in full at the bottom of this page, is one of the most preposterous invitations for outside capital that I have ever seen (and that’s saying something). It’s hard to pin down, on some level, the most ludicrous element of the document. Perhaps it’s the fact that the 43-page deck resembles an amalgamation of a Miami Beach spa package with selfies you might find saved on a teenager’s smartphone. Or perhaps it’s the fact that the employees who work for Fyre (yes, it’s more than just a festival, it’s an app too!) are referred to as “The Fyre Squad.” Or maybe it’s that a pitch deck seeking $25 million in funding ends with a quote from the philosopher and poet Rumi, noting: “Seek those who light your flames.” Though, I’d venture to say that the most infuriating thing about the Fyre pitch deck is what occurs on page 21 through 25, in a segment called “The Fyre Starters.”
Unread 2017-05-02, 18:42   #4
ash#

Nov 1 2004
9,994 posts
Age 47
Male
One of those indoor shopping malls

I read something about this a day or so ago. I guess if you spend thousands of dollars to go to some festival in the Bahamas because some vapid model told you to do so on Instagram.... well, I'm not shedding too many tears for you.
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Main > Aarkie's Corner > $12K Tickets to Luxury Music Festival Definitely Not Worth It
Post New Thread Reply