Post New Thread Reply
Unread 2014-11-25, 18:52   #1
aarkieboy

Feb 5 2003
86,345 posts
Age 63
Male
Somewhere on this ball we call "Earth"

"he Missouri church where Michael Brown's father was baptized over the weekend was torched Monday night — but the pastor does not think the arson was part of the fiery violence that erupted elsewhere in the community.

The Rev. Carlton Lee told NBC News that he believes Flood Christian Church was targeted because he has repeatedly called for the arrest of Officer Darren Wilson, who fatally shot the unarmed teen but was not indicted by a grand jury.

"I'm very vocal in regards to the Michael Brown case," said Lee, who has participated in rallies and press conferences with Michael Brown Sr.

The church went up in flames around the same time about a dozen other buildings were set ablaze in Ferguson by protesters angered by the grand jury's decision, but it's on a remote section of West Florissant Avenue where other structures were unscathed.

The pastor said he doubted the same people who were raging on the other end of West Florissant had burned his church. Instead, he said, he suspected white supremacists who wanted to punish him for his support of the Brown family, who had just been baptized there." (More)

Yeah, right. White supremists? I highly doubt it. Just some of the same assholes that used the Grand Jury announcement to loot and pillage. They don't give a fuck about Michael Brown, his family, the cops, the community or anyone/anything else.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-11-26, 9:35   #2
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,331 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

"Sunday, we do the baptism, Monday, the church is one fire. It just doesn't add up," he said.

No, it really doesn't add up.

Unfortunately what does add up a little easier is Rev. Lee saw an opportunity to get himself a new, nicer church. I kind of do hope it was some jerks who targeted the church because the alternative, that this reverend used the situation and race-baiting for his own selfish gains is far more depressing.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mo...2ce5e9!6m1!1e1
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Main > Aarkie's Corner > Michael Brown Sr.'s Church Burned in Ferguson; Pastor Blames White Supremists
Post New Thread Reply