Post New Thread Reply
Unread 2019-06-12, 12:03   #1
aarkieboy

Feb 5 2003
84,825 posts
Age 63
Male
Somewhere on this ball we call "Earth"

"Two artists and an advertising company created a deepfake of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg saying things he never said, and uploaded it to Instagram.

The video, created by artists Bill Posters and Daniel Howe in partnership with advertising company Canny, shows Mark Zuckerberg sitting at a desk, seemingly giving a sinister speech about Facebook's power. The video is framed with broadcast chyrons that say "We're increasing transparency on ads," to make it look like it's part of a news segment.

(On Tuesday evening, CBS requested that Facebook take down the video, as it displays "an unauthorized use of the CBSN trademark,” a spokesperson said.)

"Imagine this for a second: One man, with total control of billions of people's stolen data, all their secrets, their lives, their futures," Zuckerberg's likeness says, in the video. "I owe it all to Spectre. Spectre showed me that whoever controls the data, controls the future."

The original, real video is from a September 2017 address Zuckerberg gave about Russian election interference on Facebook. The caption of the Instagram post says it's created using CannyAI's video dialogue replacement (VDR) technology."

More with video. (Video still up at this writing)
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-06-12, 13:02   #2
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
32,765 posts
Age 49
Male
On the trails

Click the image to open in full size.
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Main > Aarkie's Corner > This Deepfake of Mark Zuckerberg Tests Facebook’s Fake Video Policies
Post New Thread Reply