Post New Thread Reply
Unread 2019-06-11, 15:17   #1
aarkieboy

Feb 5 2003
84,729 posts
Age 63
Male
Somewhere on this ball we call "Earth"

"It's all right here — but you can't see it yet.

That's what President Donald Trump told reporters Tuesday as he removed a piece of paper from his suit jacket pocket, waved it around and claimed it contained the details of his secret agreement with the Mexican government that Mexican officials have expressed confusion about.

"Right here is the agreement," Trump said. "It's very simple. It's right here. And in here is everything you want to talk about. Done. It's done. It's done."

He added: "That's the agreement that everybody says I don't have."

Click the image to open in full size.
President Donald Trump waves a sheet of paper he claims contains a secret agreement with Mexico on Tuesday.

In showing reporters the single sheet of folded paper, Trump said he could not yet show the contents of the document because he wanted to let Mexico announce the agreement "at the right time."

"Here's the agreement. A very simple agreement," the president added. "This is one page of a very long and very good agreement for both Mexico and the United States. Without the tariffs, we would've had nothing. We had nothing two weeks ago."

"I just give you my word and I would love to do it but you will freeze action it," Trump said, pointing to the paper. "You will stop it, you will analyze it. Every single letter you'll see. But in here is the agreement.

Click the image to open in full size.
On Monday, Mexican Foreign Secretary Marcelo Ebrard pointed to his own sheet of paper, saying no such secret agreement exists.

Mexico has denied the existence of any such secret agreement. On Tuesday, Mexican Foreign Secretary Marcelo Ebrard held up his own sheet of paper and pointed to the publicly announced details of the agreement, the Associated Press reported.

"There is no other thing beyond what I have just explained," he said." (More)
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-06-11, 15:19   #2
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
32,735 posts
Age 49
Male
On the trails

Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Main > Aarkie's Corner > Trump waves paper saying it's secret agreement with Mexico. Mexico says bullshit.
Post New Thread Reply