Post New Thread Reply
Unread 2019-11-15, 11:31   #1
aarkieboy

Feb 5 2003
86,351 posts
Age 63
Male
Somewhere on this ball we call "Earth"

Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch responded to President Donald Trump’s attack on her during her testimony, Friday, describing it as “very intimidating.”

“Ambassador Yovanovitch, as we sit here testifying, the president is attacking you on Twitter, and I’d like to give you the chance to respond,” declared Adam Schiff. “I’ll read part of one of his tweets: ‘Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad. She started off in Somalia, how did that go?'”

Click the image to open in full size.

“I don’t think I have such powers, not in Mogadishu, Somalia, not in other places,” Yovanovitch replied. “I actually think that where I’ve served over the years, I and others have demonstrably made things better, for the U.S. as well as the countries that I’ve served in.”

After Schiff asked Yovanovitch “what effect” President Trump’s attack “has on other witnesses’ willingness to come forward and expose wrongdoing,” Yovanovitch claimed, “Well, it’s very intimidating… I mean I can’t speak to what the president is trying to do but I think the effect is to be intimidating.”

“Well, I want to let you know, Ambassador, that some of us here take witness intimidation very, very seriously,” responded Schiff." (More)
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-11-15, 11:57   #2
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,336 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

This fucking guy. Witness intimidation live stream.

I thought he wasn't watching any of these hearings.
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Main > Aarkie's Corner > ‘Very Intimidating’: Marie Yovanovitch Responds to Trump’s Real Time Attacks
Post New Thread Reply