Post New Thread Reply
Unread 2019-12-03, 16:34   #1
aarkieboy

Feb 5 2003
86,368 posts
Age 63
Male
Somewhere on this ball we call "Earth"

"In new interview with San Antonio radio station KSAT, Willie Nelson says, "I dont smoke anymore."

It's unclear if he's referring to marijuana or tobacco (he gave up the latter decades ago), but the headline hypes:

Willie Nelson Says He's No Longer Smoking Marijuana Due to Breathing Issues

In the article, interviewer Paul Venema writes: "Years of smoking marijuana, the country music legend admits, has taken a toll on his health."

Indeed, Nelson canceled six shows in August due to a breathing problem. The legendary country singer suffers from emphysema.

Yet he continues to tour six months out of the year, playing sets for his loyal fans.

I have abused my lungs quite a bit in the past, so breathing is a little more difficult these days and I have to be careful," he told Venema. I started smoking cedar bark, went from that to cigarettes to whatever. And that almost killed me.

"It didnt," Venema explains, "so he made a decision."

Here's the key line in the article:

I dont smoke anymore - take better care of myself, Nelson, who is 86, commented.

Nelson's press representative Elaine Shock tells CelebStoner, "Willie does what he wants."

"Does Willie only vape at this point?" we asked.

"I don't know for sure," she replied

So probably the best way to take this is that Nelson continues to consume cannabis, just not in combustible form, except when he decides to take puff." - celebstoner.com
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Main > Aarkie's Corner > Has Willie Nelson Stopped Smoking Pot?
Post New Thread Reply