Post New Thread Reply
Unread 2019-12-03, 16:40   #1
aarkieboy

Feb 5 2003
86,368 posts
Age 63
Male
Somewhere on this ball we call "Earth"

"...Emmanuel Macron’s completely different ploy. The French president gave an interview last month decrying the “brain death” of NATO, which he said had failed to account for America’s shrinking commitment under Trump.

Trump himself has called NATO “obsolete,” openly questioned whether the U.S. would come to the defense of allies under attack (the very foundation of the alliance), and privately told aides on several occasions last year he wants to withdraw from the alliance. But the notion that somebody else would question NATO, and blame its demise on Trump, has enraged him.

And now Trump is lashing out at Macron. “NATO serves a great purpose,” he declared today. “And I hear that President Macron said NATO is ‘brain dead.’ I think that’s very insulting to a lot of different forces … When you make a statement like that, that is a very, very nasty statement to 28 — including them — 28 countries.”

Manipulating children into doing what you want by pretending to demand they do the opposite thing is a trick most parents learn to use. It usually stops working around the age of 5." (More)
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Main > Aarkie's Corner > Macron Uses Toddler Reverse Psychology Trick to Fool Trump Into Supporting NATO
Post New Thread Reply