Post New Thread Reply
Unread 2012-08-01, 16:02   #1
aarkieboy

Feb 5 2003
86,112 posts
Age 63
Male
Somewhere on this ball we call "Earth"

"Paying for birth control? Not anymore. Health insurance companies are required to stop charging women co-pays for contraceptives such as birth control and condoms Wednesday under new rules in President Barack Obama's health care reform law. The stipulation also requires plans to cover cervical cancer checks, sterilization and a few other women's health care expenses without a co-pay.

Insurance plans that haven't changed significantly since 2010 are "grandfathered" out of this rule, however, and plans that renew Jan. 1 instead of Aug. 1 won't have to provide the care for free until then. Religiously affiliated institutions, such as Catholic colleges, won't have to provide the coverage until next summer because the Obama administration granted them an extra year to come into compliance. Many of these religious companies and nonprofits have sued, saying the rule violates their freedom of religion. Obama has argued that the insurance company, not the employer, will foot the bill for the contraceptives because providing them will eventually save the insurance companies money due to fewer unplanned pregnancies." (More)
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-08-01, 16:06   #2
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,243 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

WAR ON RELIGION! WAR ON RELIGION! DUCK AND COVER!
Unread 2012-08-01, 16:47   #3
Dinahmoehum

Nov 1 2004
6,169 posts
Age 61
I'm Oprah Rich!

What about boner pills, they don't go generic till next year!
Unread 2012-08-01, 16:51   #4
FulanoDeTal
Mecha+ Member

Jul 25 2006
5,598 posts
Age 41
Male
Indianapolis, IN

got it marked on the calendar?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-08-01, 17:53   #5
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,855 posts
Age 54
Male
clearwater, FL

This article should be linked with Repo's super-huge eyeroll smiley...

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...arbor-911?lite
Unread 2012-08-01, 18:39   #6
Dinahmoehum

Nov 1 2004
6,169 posts
Age 61
I'm Oprah Rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FulanoDeTal View Post
got it marked on the calendar?
No, I'll hear about it on the net, but I damn sure will be getting some. I'll take them every day! I want to walk around publix with a boner like when I was young!
Unread 2012-08-01, 18:42   #7
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,855 posts
Age 54
Male
clearwater, FL

Yep, be sure you're wearing sweat pants too!
Unread 2012-08-01, 19:18   #8
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,243 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

From b9's link:

"Having fought for this nation in Europe, I find that I have a special kinship with those who served in Afghanistan and Iraq and I routinely visit with the most severely wounded veterans of those conflicts. Just yesterday I met with a brave young man who lost all four of his limbs in Afghanistan. I hope the Congressman from Pennsylvania has the courage to share his comparison with them,” said Senator Daniel K. Inouye.

Way to set this dumbass straight, Inouye. Not that he or any of his ilk will listen. They'll just shrug it off and probably question your patriotism. You know, despite the fact that you were a Japanese who fought (and heroically at that) for the US in WWII. I guess they could say you were a traitor to your mother country and a traitor is a traitor. Maybe Bachmann will take up that cry.

I can't believe we're even having this "discussion" about contraception.
Unread 2012-08-01, 20:23   #9
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,855 posts
Age 54
Male
clearwater, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepoMan View Post
I can't believe we're even having this "discussion" about contraception.
Click the image to open in full size.

No shit, is this 1972?

I guess it all comes down to, if you got nuthin' you just draw a play out of the old social issues bin. I want to hear one good idea the Republicans have for getting our country's productivity on-track other than tax cuts for the ultra-wealthy "trickle down" nonsense, or pulling the plug on all regulations for a short-term industrial free-for-all.

Back in the day I used to court Republican ideas -- framing myself as sort of a "radical moderate: -- but that party is so off the rails these days that they are pretty much the cartoon villian to anyone who can get their eyes off their team colors to see. I mean, why don't they just go ahead and start tying women up to railroad tracks and just complete the look. I've given up at this point. If I want to get my fiscal conservative on there's plenty of that in the D tent.

Last edited by b0rg9; 2012-08-01 at 22:37. Reason: pic added
Unread 2012-08-01, 22:09   #10
ash#

Nov 1 2004
9,994 posts
Age 47
Male
One of those indoor shopping malls

I was a republican, worked for two repulblican members of congress in the 90s as a legislative director and policy advisor. Those guys I worked for were moderates. They are all gone now. These douchewads from groups like Club for Growth just dump money into primaries to weed out anyone who isnt ideologically pure. Do I love the democrats? No. Do I think they have all the answers? No. But I sure as hell know that the republican party is off the fucking rails right now. Sad thing is that Boehner is a pretty reasonable guy, and is a dealmaker, but he cant do a fucking thing because the wingnuts will cut off his balls if he tries to actually govern, which requires making deals.
Unread 2012-08-01, 22:45   #11
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,243 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

We have people across the country supporting a crappy* fast food chicken joint simply as a passive-aggessive support of bigotry against homosexuality. I'd say the country is pretty much off the rails right now.

*Try Popeye's, that Chick-fil-a chicken is bland, and Jesus hates bland fried chicken. He told me.
Unread 2012-08-02, 5:10   #12
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,855 posts
Age 54
Male
clearwater, FL

Yeah I saw the Chick-fil-a thing going on today on the news. Down here in Fla. they even had some local politicians getting in on it -- not for "political reasons" (yeah right), but just to say nobody puts Chick-fil-a baby jesus in the corner.

Enjoy your little bump in sales, CFA, the rest of us have every day the rest of our lives not to eat there.
Unread 2012-08-02, 5:21   #13
Chuck

May 6 2003
16,685 posts
Age 63
Male
The real America not that part where you live.

I fully support all gay chickens having access to condoms. There I said it, take that Jesus!
Unread 2012-08-02, 7:51   #14
RepoMan

Jun 24 2003
33,243 posts
Age 50
Male
On the trails

Unread 2012-08-02, 9:26   #15
JangoFett
Mecha+ Member

Nov 1 2004
3,467 posts
Age 40
Male
Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away

This is nothing. The big fight will come in 2013 when the government has to issue guidelines to determine what a health insurance plan must cover to meet the minimum essential coverage mandate of the ACA.

Also, I like my gay chickens bareback.
Unread 2012-08-02, 20:15   #16
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,855 posts
Age 54
Male
clearwater, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash# View Post
Sad thing is that Boehner is a pretty reasonable guy...

Meh, maybe at some point -- but he's pretty much an asshole too-

Boehner: President Obama ‘has never had a real job, for Christ's sake'
Unread 2012-08-02, 20:27   #17
ash#

Nov 1 2004
9,994 posts
Age 47
Male

Fair enough, when I met him and knew people on his staff, that was pushing 10-15 years ago(ouch, I got old). I still think his preference would be to get shit done and make a deal, but he cant do it because he will get castrated. I could be wrong though, wouldnt be the first time...
Unread 2012-08-02, 20:35   #18
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,855 posts
Age 54
Male
clearwater, FL

Don't get me wrong -- I wasn't saying you didn't have it right about him back in the day -- but you can see now the disease that has turned once moderate Republicans into pretty much lockstep ideologues.

It's like they've become all they hated about the Democrats of the early 70's.
Unread 2012-08-02, 20:39   #19
ash#

Nov 1 2004
9,994 posts
Age 47
Male

Yep, I think we are saying the same thing here... the current environment is pushing once reasonable republicans to the extreme in the name of self preservation. It sucks. Bigtime. Especially because people like my parents will blindly vote for them because they dont quite get how the extreme wing of the party has really taken over and is calling the shots on everything now.
Unread 2012-08-03, 11:07   #20
Chuck

May 6 2003
16,685 posts
Age 63
Male
The real America not that part where you live.

Who's a douche? Show of hands please.

Click the image to open in full size.
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Main > Aarkie's Corner > As of today: No more co-pays for contraceptives such as birth control and condoms
Post New Thread Reply