HomeContestsQueueShowcaseArcadeForumsMembersAboutContact
Unread 2009-09-03, 10:26   #1
bruno

Feb 4 2003
4,462 posts
Age 48
Male
Toledo Burbs

Subcow mentioned somewhere about going to a Girl Talk concert-so OK, I'm a modern guy interested in expanding my musical horizons. Sure, I'll bite. Downloaded his latest, threw it on the mp3 player.

Girl Talk a DJ who does remixes/sampling.

I'm a 40 year old unemployed pasty white guy. I'm not supposed to like this stuff. But I do. It's been pretty much my driving music.

My Daughter is having a hard time comprehending why I listen to it (see above). Shes been turning her friends on to it.

Here's the trick. He samples rap/hip-hop and classic rock/80s stuff. I can't identify the rap, but he samples Procol Harum, Fleetwood Mac, Rick Springfield, Metallica...all the way to Kelly Clarkston. And it works. The remixes are fast and hard, not slow love songs.

Anyhow, I'm just spreading the musical love.

Feed the Animals wiki page

Feed the Animals Free download. Donations accepted.
Unread 2009-09-03, 20:01   #2
davet

Jan 6 2004
1,933 posts
Male
Toronto, Canada

Add me to the list of forty-somethings who like Girl Talk. I think I was hooked when I noticed that "Like This" had a couple of bits from "Rock and Roll Hootchie Koo" in it.

Thanks for the Wikipedia page - I didn't know that they were all listed like that. I will enjoy reading it.

I think my favourite mashup of all time is "Velvet Sugar" by Go Home Productions, which mashes "Sugar Sugar" with the Velvet Underground's "Waiting For The Man" and a bit of "The Gift" tossed in on top.

One advantage of being an old fart (I'm now 49 - Jesus Louise) is that there is no way I can be cool again ever. So I can listen to whatever I want.
Unread 2009-09-07, 19:13   #3
NocturnalGuy
Mecha+ Member

Oct 22 2003
4,735 posts
Age 45
Male
T.O.

Your both gay.

Actually, the stuff is pretty fun.
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Entertainment Warehouse > Music > Girl Talk
Post New Thread Reply