Learn more - Subscribe
HomeContestsQueueShowcaseArcadeForumsMembersAboutContact
Unread 2010-09-24, 4:22   #1
Chuck

May 6 2003
15,608 posts
Age 61
Male
The real America not that part where you live.

$#*! My Dad Says, I had very low expectations for this and good thing. What a piece of $#*!
The twitter feed that started it all could be amusing and the main reason was that it could be edgy, rough and sometimes harsh, the sitcom was none of those. Frank Barone (Peter Boyle) of Everybody Loves Raymond was closer to the twitter dad than this portrayal by Shatner. I love Shatner but this drivel (you can see punchlines coming from a mile away) is just unwatchable.
Supposedly they revamped before shooting to "improve" the show, if so the original take must have been Plan 9 from Outer Space bad.
I expect a very short run for this show, hell I will be surprised if it makes it back next week. If you haven't tuned it do yourself a big favor and don't.
Unread 2010-09-24, 6:00   #2
texasaurus

Mar 31 2003
2,436 posts
Male
Fort Worth, Texas

I'm with you chuck- whole thing sucked. I'm a little disappointed, but I'll get over it.
Unread 2010-09-24, 19:56   #3
Gear Jammer

Jan 14 2004
5,555 posts
Male
Visiting my brain at the funny farm.

What I'd seen of it from previews, I'd thought it'd probably suck, but none the less I DVR'd it. Got through about 5 minutes before giving up, and deleting the episode, and DVR season pass.
Unread 2010-09-24, 20:31   #4
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,219 posts
Age 53
Male
clearwater, FL

Had it on. Something something in the DMV. Went on to cooking dinner. Put music on.
Unread 2010-09-24, 22:06   #5
SuburbanCowboy

Feb 4 2003
4,818 posts
Age 41
Male
Back on Lawn Guy Land

I have a huge problem with the name if the show. It's a network show, so you can't curse. To say the name of the show, you either have to curse, or say it the way they say it in the promos..."Bleep my dad says". They actually say the word bleep. Stupid. There is no way I am saying "Did you watch that show Bleep my dad says". F you if you actually expect me to say that out loud.
A funny twitter feed or blog does not make a good tv show. "Helen Keller's" twitter feed is amusing the first time you read it. I wouldn't be surprised if some overpaid asshole in a suit decided to make a show out of that.
Unread 2010-09-24, 22:28   #6
b0rg9
Mecha+ Member

Jan 6 2004
9,219 posts
Age 53
Male
clearwater, FL

$#*! my Vuvuzela BLLRRRRRRRRRTTTTTS
Go Back   Mechapixel Forums > Entertainment Warehouse > TV > $#*! My Dad Says
Post New Thread Reply